Our RV Buying Process
Where do I Start?
Buying an RV for the 1st time can seem like a daunting task.
There are many different brands, makes, models and types to choose from when you go looking.
One of the main things you need to think about is the answer to the 'Why? and the "What?'
A person buying an RV to go traveling in on the weekends with their family vs someone buying one to live in part or full-time is different.
Certain types of RV's offer more room inside than other ones (think small Trailers vs 5th Wheel campers).
Determining your 'Needs' and 'Wants' is important as well.
Some questions to consider:
Do we want one to drive or one to pull?
Do we need room to sleep a larger group of people (family or friends) or is it just for 1-2 people?
How much storage do we like inside and out?
Do we need to be able to pull a vehicle behind us (Jeep, small car) or need room for toys (kayaks, ATV, bike, motorcycle, etc)?
Look for these Features:
- # of Beds and how many it sleeps
- Power awnings, power tongue jack, power leveling jacks
- Aluminum framed vs. wood framed
- Aluminum sided vs. Fiberglass exteriors
- Colors, themes, cloth vs leather
- Entertainment options
- New technological features (Bluetooth, Wifi, LED lightning, USB ports)
- # of A/C units
- Storage compartments
- And More!
Once I have picked a camper at your lot, what do I do next?
We need to agree to a price. Our prices are based upon the current condition of the RV, considers the selling environment, includes what we have had to do to it to bring it to market and comparables of the same or similiar RV for sale.
Once we reach an agreement, we will take a deposit.
Taking the Deposit.....
We take a deposit (which goes toward the balance) and can be paid by check, cash, bank wire, cashier's check, Venmo/Zelle and debit card.
At this point the deposit is Non-refundable (unless the RV is being financed and you are not approved or don't agree to the terms of the finance deal and decide to go a different direction).
Demo and Walk-through
At the time of the demo, we will have the camper plugged in, with all of the major appliances working and will explain how to operate them, give you an RV starter kit and answer any questions you have before we sign the closing paperwork.
What happens if for some reason the roof A/C/other major appliance doesn't work?
We do guarantee all of the major appliances to work (roof A/C, water heater, gas/electric refrigerator, microwave, stove/oven, 12V water pump, generator) are in working order at the time of the demonstration.
That is why it is important to consider purchasing an 'Extended Service Contract' (not required to complete the deal) from Xtraride that can cover most appliances, slide seals, etc and the engine/powertrain, etc. for an additional cost.
*FYI: We do our best to make sure that our campers have been checked out (major appliances):however, these are pre-owned campers and are being 'sold-As,' and we can't make them perfect, like new, nor free from any cosmetic defects/issues.
Does it come with anything?
We give you a starter kit which will typically include:
- Sewer house with end adapter
- Fresh water drinking house
- Brass water pressure regulator
- Holding tank chemicals or drop-ins
- Starter pack of RV toilet paper
- 110v adapter plug
If purchasing a pull-behind (travel trailer, pop-up camper, 5th Wheel camper, etc) you will need these on your tow vehicle:
- Purchase a brake control and harness (can be bought online, from you car dealer or a place like Uhaul etc) and have it installed before coming to pick up the camper (if you don't already have one)
- Make sure vehicle lights work properly: brake lights, turn signals and running lights.
- Mirror extenders may be required
- Most travel trailers and others have a 7-way round plug now; you will need to have the female adapter plug on the back of your tow vehicle in order for your lights to work
- Have a tow hitch (we do sell pre-owned ones and can install them for you if you need one); there are 2'' ball and 2 5/16'' ball hitches,we will give you a fair price)
Other items you might want to purchase:
- Power surger protector
- Water filter
- 6 foot ladder
- Electric blower
- Indoor/Outdoor carpet
- Chairs and small folding table
- Coleman grill
- Exterior lighting to hang
- Extension cords
- 30 or 50 amp extension cords for the trailer
- Extra water hoses and sewer hoses
- Different hose for black water flush sytem
- and more!
If you have any questions please let us know.